I knew a brilliant, experienced, standard, agnostic, peerreviewed physicist
and sucessful businessman that studied takions: particles with
superluminical speeds, and the possibility of time travel using them. He
was cheated and robbed by a sect of almost analphabet freaks that easily
convinced him that they were  aliens teletransported to the Earth using the
technology that he envisioned. That  is not an invention.

2014/1/2 Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com>

> http://arxiv.org/abs/1312.7128
>
> The Internet is to time travel what smartphones are to UFO sightings:
> in the latter case, the "I didn't have a camera at the time" excuse is
> harder to swallow.
>
> Of course, in both cases we are hypothesising entities which are
> potentially more intelligent than us, so looking for them in the
> context of our own mental models might be flawed (I'm playing devil's
> advocate here -- I believe it to be very unlikely that we are being
> visited by either time travellers or aliens).
>
> Cheers
> Telmo.

Alberto.