On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 6:31 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
> Dear Stephen,
>

> On 03 Jan 2014, at 20:21, Stephen Paul King wrote:
>
> Dear Bruno,
>
>   I do not understand something.
>

> OK. (good!)
>

> Your idea
>

> It is not an idea, but a result in an hypothetical context (or theoretical
> context).
>

> seems to me to be a very sophisticated and yat sneaky way of reintroducing
> Newton/Laplacean absolute time and/or Leibnitz' Pre-established Harmony.
>

> It is only a remind of elementary arithmetic. The music 0, s0, ss0, sss0,
> ssss0, sssss0, ssssss0, sssssss0, ...
> You can see it as an elementary block digital time. If you want. And then
> all other times are relative indexicals, including the physical and
> subjective times.

Bruno,

I think I (perhaps naively) understand what you mean. My understanding
is that, if comp is true, then the relationship between comp and the
physical laws we observe is not a simple one. Even QM would be at a
high level of abstraction in relation to raw reality. In this case,
the recursive definition of integers would be the simplest possible
expression of a fundamental building block that is responsible for
time -- although the time we experience is a much more complex
phenomena.

It makes sense to me that time is strongly related to recursivity
(maybe because of a CS background). I imagine moments being "copied
forward" and changed in some fashion.

Would you agree with these intuitions?