On 16 Jan 2014, at 19:40, LizR wrote:

I must admit I thought the MWI had already retired the universe.

Hmm... Physicists replace it with a multiverse, which is a new form of a Universe.

But with comp even the multiverse might need to retire, at least as a fundamental primitive reality. It is still an inside approximation of something *very* much bigger, itself being just an aspect of something still *very* much bigger (and more "theological" than physical, even if arithmetical).