On 17 January 2014 22:10, Chris de Morsella <cdemorse...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Personally I think the cosmos is a musical entity even more profoundly than
it is a mathematical entity

That would certainly fit in with "string theory" (although I think the
percussion and wind theories have something going for them, too - and even
the newfangled idea that the universe was gently waved into being by the
Great Theramin.)

Or perhaps drawn into being riding along the mystic drone of a didgeridoo :)

>>As a Kiwi I feel duty bound to oppose the Digeridoo heresy with every
fibre of my being!

>>On the other hand, there is the minimalist "Causal Dynamical Triangle"
theory...

I can certainly understand and appreciate your sense of being duty bound.
Had not read about this Theory, but your mention got me looking at this
link:
http://www.thephysicsmill.com/2013/10/13/causal-dynamical-triangulations/