On 17 Jan 2014, at 16:44, Craig Weinberg wrote:

The whole point of a super intelligent AI is that it has nothing to learn from us.

We certainly disagree a lot on this. I think that the more you are intelligent, the more you can learn from others, any others, even from bacteria and amoeba. The more you are intelligent, the more you are aware that you know nothing.

I recall my old theory of intelligence: a machine is intelligent if it is not stupid. And a machine is stupid if either the machine believes she is intelligent, or the machine believes she is stupid.

A simple arithmetical model is provided by "consistency". Intelligence == Dt. I will come back on this when we will do a bit of modal logic.