OK, you are invoking the asymptotic aspect of math. But I am not sure the
cosmos needs to obey arithmetic, to function? But, please continue on topic. I
recuse myself on this.

-----Original Message-----
From: Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Jan 20, 2014 2:21 pm
Subject: Re: A theory of dark matter...

Spud,

I don't follow your argument, since the actual impact of dark matter is clearly
real and measurable.

But the universe cannot be infinite since nothing actual can be infinite since
infinity is not an actual number but the result of a never ending process (keep
adding forever) which could never be realized.

Edgar