On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

> Jesse,
>
> I agree that Individual relativistic equations from a particular
> coordinate system don't support p-time simultaneity but comparing both
> equations of the two coordinate systems in the system, e.g. twin A and twin
> B, relativity clearly DOES imply a notion of p-time simultaneity because it
> does allow a 1:1 relationship between the comoving clock times in their own
> frames of A and B.

You mean even if twins A and B are in relative notion you think "comparing
both equations of the two coordinate systems ... does allow a 1:1
relationship between the comoving clock times in their own frame of A and
B"? If so, I have no idea what you mean. Say twin B and twin A start moving
away from each other with a relative speed of 0.6c at birth, so in each
one's rest frame the other one's clock is running slow by a factor of 0.8.
Then in twin A's inertial rest frame, the event of A turning 50 is
simultaneous with twin B turning 40, but in B's inertial rest frame, the
event of B turning 40 is simultaneous with A turning 32. So what is the
"1:1 relationship" here, and what event on A's worldline does it pair with
the event of B turning 40?

Jesse