>>Well if you can store 61 times more energy, that just means there's room for
>>improvement in the existing batteries... Good news, if nature was able to do
>>it so can we I hope.

Zinc-air batteries, which combine atmospheric oxygen and zinc metal in a liquid
alkaline electrolyte to generate electricity with a byproduct of zinc oxide;
and when re-processed – that is re-charged - the process is reversed and oxygen
and zinc metal are regenerated. These battery types are attractive, because
zinc is cheap and abundant and because they have much higher energy density
than lithium-ion batteries – the current high density leaders; Zinc air
batteries ware also non-flammable unlike lithium ion (which is nice). Zinc air
offers about twice the gravimetric density (Wh/kg) and three times the
volumetric density (Wh/L) of Li-ion technology.

Lithium air has a theoretical specific energy of 11,140 wh/kg (lithium metal is
around 45 Mj/kg) – you could fly an all-electric turbine jet with that kind of
energy density.