On 2 March 2014 05:42, Jesse Mazer <laserma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 9:55 AM, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:
>
>> Jesse,
>>
>> Of course there is a rational justification for selecting one frame over
>> another in many cases. All frames are NOT equal when it comes to
>> representing ACTUAL physical facts.
>>
>> E.g. we can choose various frames to make someone's age pretty much any
>> number we like but nevertheless they are still actually the age they think
>> they are. If Alice is really 30 we can choose a frame in which she is all
>> sorts of different ages

Edgar

I'm sorry, but this sort of comment shows that your grasp of relativity
theory is about as good as your understanding of block universes - which is
to say that yet again, you're completely missing the point. All frames are
equal when it comes to representing physical facts, some are just more
convenient than others for doing the maths (hence "relativity"). And you
can't make Alice's age whatever you like, you can only obtain different
values by measuring it from frames moving at different velocities, because
the planes of simultaneity attached to those frames intersect Alice's
worldline at different points in space-time.

Why not go away and read up on the subject before you pontificate about it?