Jesse,

To address your questions:

1. Yes, of course the choice of "their own frame" is a matter of
convention. But that does NOT mean that all frames are equal when it comes
to accurately representing some particular physical fact or relationship.

2. The "their experience" in my symmetric example is the actual physical
fact that they know their accelerations are symmetric because they
exchanged flight plans to ensure that. And because their ACTUAL EXPERIENCE
is the fact that they both can feel their proper accelerations AND time
them by their own proper clocks to ensure they are in accordance with the
flight plans they exchanged. By simple logic they then KNOW BEYOND DOUBT
that their proper times are always in synch. AND they confirm this by
meeting with the exact same clock readings that they AGREE upon.

It is true "their OBSERVATIONAL experiences" of each other do not reflect
this 1:1 proper time correlation but they are SMART ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND
that these are NON agreed VIEWS which do NOT reflect the actual physical
FACTS of the relationship on which they DO AGREE and thus which is an
actual physical fact rather than just views of facts.

3. I DO want to address your '"proof" of non-transitivity. But for the sake
of clarity and saving time can you please just restate it in the simplest
possible terms? I'll make it easier by restating my thesis concisely.

I claim:

a. That any two observers can always establish an agreed 1:1 correlation of
their proper times BETWEEN THEMSELVES.
    (This does NOT MEAN that A's t is always = B's t'. It means there is a
1:1 correlation that both A and B agree upon.)
b. That this 1:1 relationship will be transitive in the sense that if A's t
:: B's t', and B's t' :: C's t'', then C's t'' :: A's t.

Assuming my method of establishing the 1:1 correlation what's your proof
this is incorrect?

Edgar