On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 6:49 PM, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

> Jesse,
>
> Just checking but I'm sure you would agree that twins AT REST with respect
> to each other are the same actual age (have a 1:1 proper age correlation)
> even if they are SEPARATED by distance? You just don't agree that if they
> are separated by distance AND in symmetric acceleration that there is any
> correlation of actual ages possible. Is that correct?

No, of course I wouldn't agree that there is any unique "actual" truth
about their ages in this case, nor would any mainstream physicist. What
part of "all frames are equally valid" don't you understand? Or do you not
get that if we use an inertial frame where the twins are both moving with
the same constant velocity, they do NOT have identical ages at any given
moment in this frame? (assuming they had identical ages at any given moment
in their rest frame)

Jesse