On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 4:48 AM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5 May 2014 13:57, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>  It creates a parallel medium of exchange in which those who make
>> bitcoins first hope to profit from their appreciation.
>>

> Hm. It all sounds a bit Ponzi-like to me.

If you go by that definition alone. In reality, mining becomes increasingly
harder as we approach the hard limit of 21 million btc. The hard limit is
already very non-ponzi-like. Fiat money is the one that doesn't have such a
limit, and gives you no assurance about how much is going to be issued.

Telmo.