You assume that Islam is unethical. Quranic teachings are based on beautiful
moral principles and enjoin ethical and just relations among people.  The Quran
repeatedly enjoins good actions, read it and you'll be amazed how far from
truth all the negative propaganda against it is!
Whether people study and follow the scripture or not is up to them. If we start
following the guidance, most of the social evils will be weeded out.
  Sadly, you confuse peoples' thoughts, behaviour and actions with the message
itself. It really doesn't matter if we label ourselves as Muslims, Jews, or any
other religion or not, or if we are a member of the clergy or hold any
leadership position in the community, it is basically our beliefs, intentions
and actions that make us who we are and which we carry with us when we depart
from this life.

Samiya