On 31 May 2014 13:06, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

Hawking has all my sympathy for the warning against authoritative argument,
> but he lost all his credits by implying that theology or religion are the
> guilty one, when it is only human stupidity, that of course any
> institutionalized religion can enhance, but this includes atheism, as I
> have experimented, and I was not alone.

Not sure what you intended here; perhaps the following will help:

False cognates in French (F) and English (E)

expérience (F) vs experience (E)

Expérience (F) is a semi-false cognate, because it means both experience
and experiment: J'ai fait une expérience - I did an experiment. J'ai eu une
expérience intéressante - I had an interesting experience.

Experience (E) can be a noun or verb referring to something that happened.
Only the noun translates into expérience : Experience shows that ... -
L'expérience démontre que... He experienced some difficulties - Il a
rencontré des difficultés.

expérimenter (F) vs experiment (E)

Expérimenter (F) is a semi-false cognate. It is equivalent to the English
verb, but also has the added sense of to test an apparatus.
Experiment (E) as a verb means to test hypotheses or ways of doing things.
As a noun, it is equivalent only to the first sense, given above, of the
French word expérience.

David