On 20 Jun 2014, at 4:40 pm, John Clark wrote:

>> Creativity is a subjective judgement made by a observer of a task performed
>> by somebody else, it is not inherent in the task itself.

So what. If the outcome of the task is the creation of new value then it's been
a creative act to bring about that value. You might as well attribute the value
to the task because performing it is what it took to bring about that value.

>> Therefore it's
>> true that creativity is not related to the absolute difficulty of the task
>> but it is related to how difficult it would be for you to do it; so what's
>> creative to you might not be for me.

Can you recognise new value? If yes, then you have absolutely no way of knowing
how that value could have existed except from the evidence provided by the
details of the task that somebody performed to create that value that you can
now recognise. It is always easy to say in hindsight that there was a logical
route from A to E (which doesn't sound very creative) except the track to
arrive at E was totally invisible to you until it was discovered by someone
using some technique that you were clearly unaware of. Creativity is not a
matter of your personal taste. Creativity is the only way certain things ever
get discovered. Everything, once it exists, seems to have some reasonably
logical path leading to it but you fail to recognise that the human mind works
around assymetric patterns of recognition; in other words our recognition
ability is irreversable and cannot "see" certain things until something
apparently quite random or inexplicable in foresight brings them about. Whether
you think that's creative or not is of absolutely no consequence whatsoever.

Kim