On 6 July 2014 14:36, spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hey, I'm just a flying monkey, anyways. The most fearful thing in the
> movie were not the monkeys or the witch, but the tornado at the beginning,
> which at a young age I knew was real. Nyuck!

I agree - anything that is capable of dropping a house on top of you is
dangerous! I have always been afraid of tornados and whirlpools. This isn't
particularly rational in the UK and NZ where I have lived, but I think it
might have originated from a certain episode of Dr Who that I saw in the
1960s, in which our heroes were miniaturised and had to climb up a water
pipe. The episode cliffhanger was someone pulling out the plug in the wash
basin and the water going down the pipe...