-----Original Message-----
From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com]

>>Look, theres an article fron Reuters indicating that ISIS is now in
>>possession of radialogical matetials now, so is thisa benign thing?

Did I say that?
But all you have there is a single wire story that for all I know could be a
plant. Where is the credible evidence that would allow someone to give some
kind of quantification to it. Do you forget so quickly about the Iraqi chemical
weapons that were allegedly menacing the US? Never found them. Don't be so
gullible. The ISIS is a regional problem, but not an existential threat to
America.

>>You are content after all your writing all these posts  on renewables to
>>leave the westerners reliant on petroleum from hostiles?

The US does not rely on petroleum from any territories controlled by ISIS if
you are suggesting that.
If we had instead of burning two or more trillion dollars (and counting) on the
two recent neocon led wars of choice that have created this balkanized
fragmented middle east.. if instead of breaking pots at pottery barn (remember
what General Powell said?) our country had re-tooled our grid & built out a
solar/wind along with natural gas spin up reserve domestically sourced electric
energy infrastructure coupled to a failure resistant smart grid, capable of
high voltage switching in near real time (and therefore becoming a true network
of electricity) we would not be reliant at all on oil imports. The US would
have been a stronger better positioned country, a more self-reliant country and
one that would have acted as a true leader and led the world away from the
fossil energy precipice.
Instead we got mislead by neocon chickenhawks and burned our treasure (both
wars fought on credit) and instead of being greeted with flowers in Iraq
(Wolfowitz uttered that pompous gem) we slogged through a long bloody war of
resistance that destroyed an easily manageable contained Stalinist dictatorship
and left this chaos in its wake.
The ISIS is blowback; it is those broken pots in the pottery barn Powell was
warning about.

The entire Syrian war and the ISIS phenomena is murky. In war it is not always
what it seems. In fact, the power that has the most to lose in this are the
Iranians; the de-stabilization and balkanization of Iraq and Syria and what
next Lebanon? is clearly not in Iran's strategic interests -- and in fact they
are engaged in fighting a covert war with ISIS in Syria.
America does have a substantial responsibility for this mess, but not just the
US (the British poodle Blair was right there with Bush, Cheney & those other
draft deferring chickenhawks); perhaps therefore we really should be a part of
the bloody cleanup job. But, truth be told it is not really our problem --
though we helped create it.  It is a regional problem. It most certainly is not
an existential global conflict or even a strategic problem for the US -- and
are you really sure that they are not -- witting or unwitting -- actors in a
complex game, being played with US consent and even tacit support?
What is Israel's role?
The ISIS are murderous thugs and criminals; they would be horrible neighbors to
have indeed. But that is the point they are not our neighbors. It is a Middle
East regional problem; I say let them sort it out.
In parallel with public history there has been a largely covert one.. a history
of dirty wars and mercenaries that was fought on and off again in different
places (often with the same cast of characters) over the cold war era, and
continuing right up to the present day. If you do not grok this then you will
never understand what is now driving events around the planet.

>>If we go to war, would you prefer us never to try to win?

What kind of question is that? Are you one of those people who believe torture
makes the world safe for democracy? You support the  indiscriminate -- as you
like to put it herr general -- carpet bombing of population centers with the
intent of killing man woman and child. You sound like that Israeli
parliamentarian Ayelet Shaked who recently called for the wholesale  genocide
of the Palestinian people on her Facebook page (and got thousands of likes too)
You are demanding the US embark on another neocon Crusade in the Middle East on
flimsy nebulous fear mongering and openly racist stereotyping of a huge and
diverse teeming mass of people... all with individual lives and identities and
living across a multitude of different cultures and traditions, of differing
ethnicities, beliefs, practices, aspiration, hopes and fears
And you -- genius strategist -- bucket them all up together in one single
bucket that you have sordid dreams of carpet bombing. What is it that drives
your personal hatred?
Is it your profound ignorance of other cultures?

We should only go to war if we are attacked. War should not be a tool of
imperial diplomacy, rather it should be a defensive act of existential
survival. In life, if I go to war, in self-defense, I go to war to win, fast,
efficient, and effectively, but this is at a personal level of my own
self-defense.
Personally I feel that anyone who calls for war should get to go to war -- so
step right up there coward man.

This kind of thinking doesn't augger, well, for our survival, and the AQ Khan
nuclear net is still active. I know theres nothing we can do about it because
the rich don't care, but lying to ourselves isn't going to prevent
catastrophes, but only increase their likelihood.

Spudboy, your delusional obsession with the monolithic Caliphate ready to
deliver that as you put it "knockout blow" (as if this was a MMA cage fighting
match) is growing a tad wearisome. Build yourself a bunker; it will help you
sleep sound, knowing you are safe from marauding Jihadists. They are coming to
get you spuddy; sweet dreams of genocide neocon Crusader.
Cheers,
Chris