On 01 Dec 2014, at 00:58, meekerdb wrote:

On 11/30/2014 2:19 PM, John Mikes wrote:
Telmo: - funny.
First I would appreciate a hint from you about mathematical realism (???) in fairly reasonable terms about where numbers come from and how they format "The World". Bruno said it is 'deeper' than waht he could explain to me. I took his word - am not an argue-boy.

Secondly: MY agnosticism is not the one 'on the books': it sais (if I pretend to know it at all) that there are things galore we DON"T know - yet even those influence the 'world' we carry.

The question is, are there things we DO know?

And yes, I agree with Bruno in some aspects, as it turned out over those 20some years we exchange ideas online. Sometimes I even ask questions...

Thirdly: who said Napy Bony and Superman do NOT exist? in the moment when we THINK about them, they DO exist in our mentality (you do not want to say: 'soul', do you). And so is the existence of all that 'Fantasieland' I call Science. A theory EXISTS - even if it is fallse. And so do ideas.

So the idea of unicorns exist, but do unicorns? Do they exist when we think about them or is it just that the idea of unicorns exists. Does Superman exist or just the idea of Superman? ISTM we need some word to distinguish the difference between "exists" and "idea of exists".

Unicorns do not exist, by definition, as they belong to Fairy Tales.

So, each time we meet a unicorn, we make a picture of it, and put it in a book on monsters or animal diseases. And we don't refer to it as a unicorn, despite they are unicorn.

Of course the idea of unicorn exist, in the mind of some "relative- numbers".

Bruno

I do not draw the line between "physical" (???) and ideational existence. The little I learned in my natural sciences made me think twice about both.
And please, do not ask questions about this: I am agnostic.<G>

How do you know that?