On 1/15/2015 6:35 PM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 6:01 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

    How would you define "intelligence" for this thing?

Jupiter Brain / Omega Point / Result of post-singularity intelligence explosion / Platonic mind with access infinite computing resources / Dyson's sphere powered computer, take your pick. It's capable enough to run a planet-wide simulation down to whatever necessary detail it desires, and be able to infer any being's thoughts on the planet by analyzing its brain activity. Beyond that I'm not sure how to quantify or define its intelligence.

      I think of intelligence as the ability to observe and infer and learn.
Of course
    the traditional God was not only the creator of everything He was also a
person who
    knew everything and so could not learn anything.

Maybe this one is only a mere demi-god then. You can only say it knows everything about its simulation.

1. Would you consider such a demi-god a theistic god for the entities within
its simulation?

Not necessarily. One of the defining characteristics of the theist God is that He cares about human behavior (especially when they're nude).

2. Can you rule out that some demi-god somewhere isn't simulating this planet?

No.

3. Do you think the existence of such a demi-god follows from the
UDA/arithmetical realism?

Probably not.  But in any case I'm not a fan of arithmetical realism.  Truth
=/= existence.