From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Kim Jones

What has any of this got to do with the search for a ToE?

Simple really, because without free speech there can be no search for a ToE.

In case it has escaped you, science and all open enquiry do not do well in
societies where freedom of speech is extinguished. As in everything; the quest
of a ToE does not exist in splendid isolation unaffected by everything else.
When the library of Alexandria was burned; Europe began a long slide down into
many hundreds of years of ignorance and dogmatic theocracy.

Hopefully this helps you understand that in fact there is a connection between
Freedom of Speech and the quest for a ToE, but I understand that there also is
a chance that your mind will fail to recognize the correlation.

-Chris

Kim

On 19 Jan 2015, at 11:13 am, 'Chris de Morsella' via Everything List