On Wed, Mar 25, 2015  meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> MWI postulates that all outcomes of an experiment occur, whether they
> involve interference effects or not.

According to Quantum Mechanics depending on circumstances sometimes you get
interference and sometimes you don't, and we're talking about analogies
here and what it would take for the copying machine stuff to be a good
analogy for the MWI. If there is no interference then there is no problem,
but if there is interference then you can't make an analogy with the
copying machine stuff unless you allow the Moscow Man and Washington Man to
merge into one person just as the 2 universes merge into 1 universe after
the electrons went past the slits and hit the photographic film and
produced interference.

> MWI postulates that all outcomes of an experiment occur,

Yes and they all those outcomes occur in different universes, and the MWI
also postulates that if 2 of those universes are similar enough sometimes
they can become absolutely identical again (for example when the electrons
that went through the slits hits the photographic plate), and when that
happens the 2 universes merge and a interference pattern forms.

 John K Clark