On 26 Mar 2015, at 12:13, Bruce Kellett wrote:

Quentin Anciaux wrote:
2015-03-26 8:05 GMT+01:00 Bruce Kellett <bhkell...@optusnet.com.au <mailto:bhkell...@optusnet.com.au >>: This comes back to my original question: since all possible programs
   are run by the dovetailer, how do we ensure that conscious beings
   see an ordered and predictable world. Only a set of measure zero
   among all possible programs would give that result.
Yes, it seems to me, we should see white noise, but maybe a selection attribute must be in play... like an anthropic argument.

Anthropic arguments are not going to work with computationalism because there is no basis on which you can assume underlying deterministic physical laws.

You need Turing topic argument, and the logic of those are given by the logic of self-reference.

Then it can be shown that the basis used is not important, and I (try) to illustrate the working of all this with elementary arithmetic and with combinators, but topological unitary computations, or fortran, or lisp, would do.

Physics and theology are machine independent notion. All base leads to the same theory. This comes from the fact that the intensional Church thesis follows from the usul extensional one. Not only all universal number u can compute all computable functions, but they can imitate the precise ways other u computes, so all universal dovetailing entails the same competition between all u (below our substitution level).

Bruno

Bruce