On 4/1/2015 5:48 PM, LizR wrote:
By the way, Brent, your comment directly contradicts what the gun lovers always say - "but anyone can get hold of one if they really want to!"

I'd say "...really want to!" is a big loophole in that assertion.

Unless - gasp - most people don't actually want to!

Sure, many people don't. And the mantra that guns are dangerous has made people unfamiliar with them fearful of guns. While people who grew up hunting and having guns around (like me) think of them as just another tool that can hurt you if used carelessly - like a motorcycle or dynamite.

(Or can't, but that does seem unlikely). I've never wanted one myself, nor have I known anyone who's owned a gun, to the best of my knowledge - apart from a friend of my son whose father lives in America (the father has a gun).

Well I don't know whether you count me as someone you know, I have six guns; two of which I bought and four and I inherited from close relatives. But I've never know anyone who was shot, even accidentally.