The amazing thing is how what would happen in 100 trillion years may
preoccupy so seriously to some people that would induce to suicide.
Boltzman committed suicide in part because his own theories of
termodinamical dead of the universe more or less.

Other people are influenced equally hard, but unconsciously by very long
term perspectives that are beyond his own timespan.

And this tells something very important about the human condition: once day
by day survival is solved, people need a meaning. that means that he need
to live in a society with a plan and to work for this plan, which is a kind
of salvation. This is in the constitution of human beings, induced by
evolution if you like, but it is there no doubt. suicide means that the
person think unconsciously that it can not contribute. we are very egoistic
in the short term, but in the long term we are like ants. this is too fast
but I can argue in detail about all of this

> In my opinion extensive Dysonisation will only occur later in the
> stelliferous era - in the 100 trillion years when the galaxy (and the few
> others still visible in the far distance) glow rose-red from having a
> population exclusively made of stellar remnants and M class dwarfs. At this
> point some species may have made it through the "evolutionary heritage"
> bottleneck (have conquered the desire to consume endlessly and to wipe out
> rivals, I mean) - plus, it will be a lot more obvious that the universe's
> resources are running low, and conservation is in order.
>
> Riffing...

Alberto.