On Thu, Jun 11, 2015  Samiya Illias <samiyaill...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> to keep my reply short (concentrate on Islam) Why should I study scripts
>> the followers of which behead, flog, stone, dismember live humans and claim
>> full credit for such cruelty in the afterlife?
>>

> > briefly (concentrate on science)

If you concentrate on science there won't be much to say about Muslims.
Although Muslims make up 23% of the world's population since 1900 only one
Muslim has won a Nobel Prize in science, Ahmed Zewail won for chemistry in
1999. Abdus Salam won for physics in 1979 and his tombstone said "First
Muslim Nobel Laureate", but the Pakistani government officially decreed
that Abdus Salam  was NOT a Muslim and ordered that the word "Muslim" be
erased from his tombstone.

> > The same reason why people should study the sciences the followers
> (scientists / engineers / technicians / governments / military /
> businesses) of which experiment with, damage, kill live humans and animals,
> destroy ecosystems, etc.  and claim full credit for being leaders of human
> civilisation!

Science can explain how a H-bomb works but says nothing about how or if
they should be used, that is a function of the empathy of the bomb builder
and his fear of retaliation. Islam can not say one intelligent word about
how a H-bomb works or even how a conventional chemical explosive works, but
that doesn't prevent it from telling people exactly how they should be
used.  And Islam says you shouldn't have empathy for those who frequent a
different religious franchise than your do, and it also says that you
shouldn't fear death because if you do what Islam tells you to do then when
you die you'll live forever in Santa Claus's workshop in the sky. So we
have a combination of cruelty and stupidity, and that is a dangerous
combination.  .

> A person's concern for their own future should be reason enough to
> urgently explore the scriptures!

I don't see how reading the fairy tales of illiterate bronze age tribes
will help, not even if your mommy and daddy said it will.

 John K Clark