On 12 Jun 2015, at 22:24, John Mikes wrote:

Samiya, thank you for (now the first time) you moved out of your calm.
(I did it!). Then you concluded with the habituel scripture-loving phrase
upon which Brent had a brilliant reply

S: A person's concern for their own future should be reason enough to urgently explore the scriptures!

Br: No, it's a reason to get rid of scriptures and pay attention to people and the world.

We agree on this. It is a very good point. No need to get rid of scriptures, though. It might help later to understand why scriptures keep the attention away from people and world.

It is the same with the brain, at some level. We tend to put a high price to our scriptures in the brain, and that might filter the person's consciousness.

At this point, this is only a suggestive analogy, but the phenomenon might be the same at different level of description. Scriptures and personal identities are memes trying to survive, and they are different from the people reading them and from the experiences. Truth is behind all texts.

Bruno

John M