----Messaggio originale----

Da: 'scerir' via Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com>

Data: 18/04/2016 11.20

A: <everything-list@googlegroups.com>

Ogg: R: Re: Non-locality and MWI

Jesse wrote:I don't think this is how it's supposed to work for those who argue
the MWI is local like Deutsch. Rather the idea is that "splitting" into worlds
is local, not global; so one experimenter locally splits into copies that see
|+> and |-> when they measure their particle, likewise the other experimenter
splits into copies that saw |+'> and |-'>. But until their future light cones
overlap there are no "worlds" containing facts about what *both* experimenters
saw.
-----
In a Franson interferometer, two (time-energy entangled photons) travel in
opposite directions from an EPR source. Each photon then enters an *imbalanced*
Mach-Zehnder interferometer (such that there is
no single-photon interference in each Mach-Zehnder interferometer).
Detectors measure the outputs of the two identical imbalanced Mach-Zehnder
interferometers and the
coincidences between the detectors are recorded, showing there is a *two-photon*
interference, that is to say the two entangled potons follow the *same* path
in each (space-like separated) interferometer. A sign of non-locality
(non-separability) in the "usual"
interpretation.
I'm trying to figure out how all that works in a *local* MWI ......