On 21 Jun 2016, at 03:08, John Clark wrote:

​JKC Wrote:​
​Is ??? really the floor or does ??? need an explanation too?

 John Mikes​ Wrote:​
​
JKC: why do you think your ??? is  T H E  FLOOR?

​???​

​> ​there may be innumerable lower levels... we just don't have the brains to think further.

​It may not be because we lack the brains to find the floor, maybe there are a infinite number of lower level and there is no floor to find. Or maybe not, maybe things end in a brute fact, if so I suspect that brute fact is a law of physics rather than a axiom of mathematics. ​ ​Or maybe not.

Indeed, that is the type of things which might depend on the theory.

Computationalism is a nice theory because it explains that there is no physical bottom, as the physical bottom is given by all computations/ sigma_1 sentences, and the physical aspect (observable) is given by the self-referential logic pertaining on that sigma_1 bottom.

We cannot always say that we cannot answer this or that, but then that is one reason more to try different theories, and test them experimentally.

My work, in soccer term, is that we got: Plato 1, Aristotle 0. Now, I don't pretend it is the final cup or something ...

Bruno

 John K Clark​