Jason,
you asked 8 questions only. Some of them require volumes to discuss and I
appreciate your
open mind to concentrate your questionnaire to these 8 only.
First: what would you call "physical"? it is our defined meaning according
to that limited tiny
experience we have about the world.
My agnosticism accepts infinite possibilities, pro and con, it sure
includes what you would call "physical' (whatever that may be).
I liked to play with the 2D version as well, however I started with the 1D
alternative. There was
a book on that, I may find it, if necessary.

Our mind is restricted, we cannot even 'imagine' the varieties the infinite
may have. Not to deny.

Thanks for entertaining my words

John Mikes