Hello John,

On 20 Sep 2016, at 21:02, John Mikes wrote:

Dear Bruno,
we are still in the anthropocentric/anthropomorphic failure to equate EVERYTHING with our humanbased experience.

I am not sure, although what you say might be related to the Aristotelian idea that what we experience/see/measure is what is real. But the history of science shows that very often big progress comes when people guess that there is something behind what we see and behind the human based experience we live, and which is indeed plausibly only a symptom of what we do not know.

Mathematics, as a science, is (slowly) born from the doubt with respect to Aristotle theology. Then, when it worlks, we tend to forget the origin, or to dismiss it for some reason (usually related to power).

Recently I have discovered that even the modern mathematical logic is born from theological problems, notably how to get rigorous in that field. Again, once the science is born, there has been professionalization pressures to dismiss the original problems and motivations.

Organisms without brain-tissue do not exercise brain-functions as we THINK they do occur in our 'head' (guts?)

In which theory? With mechanism, all entities think in basically the same way. And all entities which introspect eneough know that even the head and the neurons are "in our head" (note the pun). I mean that neuron are good local approximations of something, but is not the "real" thing.

and do not develop similar thoughts to us - the ways we try to understand our own thinking through neurons(?).

That is why we submit theories and abandon them when they do not work. And if they work, no serious/honest scientists will ever claim that they are true.

We can't decide to not build theories under the pretext they are biased by our neurons and experiences. It is only by making our theories precise enough to be REFUTED that we can learn and discover that we are missing something.

We never known the 3p truth as such, but can only learn by building theories and confronting them with facts and other theories.

Bruno