Bruno wrote:
"... related to the Aristotelian idea that what we experience/see/measure
is what is real. ..."
I wanted to raise the 'scientific doubt' about "REAL". (An 'idea' cannot be
REAL). We may accept it as a condition to work on, make 'science' out of
it,
but I doubt if anybody has an acceptable (workable) version of REALITY?
Your text supports my fundamental tenet(s) in more than one way.

We also do not know what to call "FACTS"? (3p??)
(Pardon my agnosticism!)

I wanted to raise the 'idea' that human formulations about non-human ways
of communbication/thinking may be anthropo-centric/morphic at best.
An animal thinks differently from a human, a plant develops response-like
reply movements (incl. growth) a microbe does - I wish I knew what. Even a
rock undergoes 'giving-in' to forces what we could list as a 'reply'.
We 'know' pretty little about the Entirety and build out of that fraction
our entire world as an 'experienced fact-based reality;.
I think we agreed on such ideas many times.

Regards
John Mikes