On 18 Dec 2016, at 00:04, spudboy100 via Everything List wrote:

Well, Doc, you mentioned your afterlife view before,

Er well. It is not my view, but the universal machine's one, I mean those knowing that they are universal. My view is private, and it would be confusing if I tried to describe. It is math, and standard definition in analytical philosophy.

and I either found it emotively, unpalatable (Damn. there's goes the human amygdala again!) or found it too hard to comprehend,

You can ask question. Do you have a problem with the definition of the weak computationalist assumption?

when you used to say "read the universal dovetailer argument," (Darn that weak cerebrum!), and so forth.

I don't believe in weak cerebrum. I think you just showed, indeed just above, some emotional unpalatableness, if I can say.

My own sense of things driven by both cranial structures, indicate for me, that since there is and has been unending tragic goings on in the world (perhaps 3.75 billion years worth?), so I in my insight have decided its up to our species, and/or its descendents, to sort thing out.

yes, but history shows also that the tragic doing is sometime just perpetuated by such "good intentions". The passage from unicellular to pluricellular was also a way to sort things out, but it made us going out of the ocean and it can lost us on Mars, Titan, or far beyond. Nothing is simple. Beyond universality, simplifying is itself a root of complexifying.

I am believing that, lacking all other available actions, computing is the way to go. the only way at this point.

To compute you need a universal machine, and that machine is only one more unknown in a equation of 8 billions of unknowns.

99.95% of our species population thinks differently from I, and taking that as a reasonable sign that I am on the wrong side of things, once more, I persist anyway.

We have partial control. The attempt to get total control either kill universality/freedom, or get inconsistent/delire/catastrophes.

You look for and accept (as most do!) reality as it is.

I am not sure this makes sense. At some level we all have to do that. At a different level, we all try to improve the human condition relative to this or that possible "reality".

The main lesson here given by the universal machine, but also by Alan Watts (The wisdom of insecurity) or Robert Valadier (Inéluctable morale) is ... well, it is sum up in the popular saying "Hell is paved with good intention".

One way to help, avoiding that warning, is to study the right, and politics, and trying to fix the system, which has been taken into hostage since sometimes. Today the fundamental powers (media, politics, judiciary, academic, etc.) are no more separated, which is mandatory for a democracy (Montesquieu).

I sift through science papers (like at ARXIV) and other popular online source, attempting to look for possibilities of things, such as cosmological registers of some sort, a MAC address in the sky, but something, more read-write, a spacetime SSD, for a laugh.

Everything can be used for a laugh (grin).

Not sure why you want a MAC address in the sky, well, not sure a sky belongs to the category of things providing addresses. I Hope you don't believe that God lives on some cloud (re-grin).

Bruno

I try to get some rationalist light (for a change) on afterlife, soul, consciousness, meaning, etc. And I hope we can improve our relations in general by extending our knowledge of that reality, although with computationalism, we can never be sure our knowledge *is* knowledge, except for a few first person indexical (like a pain here&now or a pleasure here&now, that we can know but not communicate rationally, nor justified).