On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 4:15 PM, spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

​> *​*
> *The Climatologists have pushed the worst-case scenario for 30 yeas.*

30 years ago they said if we don't do something drastic in 10 years it will
be too late, well if it's too late than why are they still
​ ​
yapping about
​climate change​
 now?

​*> ​*
> *We do need clean sources of power that is super-abundant-to replace the
> dirty, so what do we want to do?*

​The very first thing I'd do is dramatically increase research spending on
​Liquid Fluoride Thorium​

​Reactors. And a dramatic increase in spending would not cost much because
right now we are spending nothing on it.

> ​> ​
> I am leery of injecting sulphur into the atmosphere to cool things
> because...ice age--especially if we do this and we get another volcano.

​
But that's the beauty of
​ ​
Myhrvold's
​ ​
artificial volcano
​ ​
idea, you're not doing anything irreversible
​. If you change your mind​
you just turn a valve on a hose and in about a year the sulfur dioxide
​ levels in the upper atmosphere are back to where they were before you
started. ​

John K Clark

 ​