> ​ ​
Keith Douglas Farnsworth. Can a Robot Have Free Will? Entropy 19, no. 5
(2017): 237.

http://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/19/5/237

*​> ​a precise, scientifically inspired, definition of free-will is offered
> and the essential requirements for an agent to possess it in principle are
> set out. These are: (a) there must be a self to self-determine; *

​A ​
cuckoo clock
​ is self determined, its internal clockwork determines what it will do.   ​

(b) there must be a non-zero probability of more than one option being
> enacted;

​There is more than one state a ​
roulette wheel
​ or a radioactive atom could end up in.​

> * ​> ​ there must be an internal means of choosing among options (which is
> not merely random, *

You can't have it both ways, either the choice was determined by cause and
effect and it
​'s​
a cuckoo clock
​
or it was not and therefore
​is ​
a random roulette wheel
​.​

​So tell me what the hell "free will" is supposed to mean and I'll tell you
if robots can have free will or not.

 ​John K Clark​