You seem to be asking two different questions here:

1) Why do things follow a curved path in the presence of massive
bodies (aka "Gravity") instead of Euclidean straight lines

or

2) Why do things move at all (aka "why does time seem to flow")

GR explains question 1) very well. Question 2) is really outside of
its domain - you might like to read McTaggert's paper from the 1920s
on this - his answer seems as pertinent as ever. Huw Price might also
have something to ay on this too.