On 3/7/2018 5:39 AM, agrayson2...@gmail.com wrote:
*Thanks for your time and effort, but I don't think you understand my*
*question. Suppose a test particle is restrained spatially, say in *
*the Sun's gravitational field. When released, it starts to move (toward *
*the Sun). How does GR explain this motion? By the advance of time? AG*

Time was advancing all along.  Your restraint was a force causing the particle to follow a non-geodesic path through space-time.  When you released it, it then followed the "straightest path possible", i.e. a geodesic.