On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 11:26:55 PM UTC-5, Brent wrote:

> On 4/19/2018 9:10 PM, agrays...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
>
> *Can you have superpositions of vectors from different bases? I don't
> think so. AG *
>

> Sure you can.  It just makes the math complicated.
>
> Brent

The evolution of a quantum state is unitary, and the basis one expands a
state can be transformed by unitary operations. The Schroedinger equation
can be thought of as a differential equation with solutions that are time
dependent transformations of the basis of a state vector.

My sense in looking at these comments and the corrections Bruce and Brent
write indicate some levels of confusion. If one is asking questions such as
AGs above they need to take some time to read carefully a text on quantum
mechanics, try to work some problems the text might offer up and think hard
on this. A forum like this simply can't provide that, and for myself I do
not have time to write 1000 word essays every day on this. None of this
comes really easily and to really understand these things it will take some
investment of time and effort.

LC