On 6/5/2018 2:48 AM, agrayson2...@gmail.com wrote:
*One objective was to convince myself whether the wf you have written for decoherence makes any sense. Originally I thought one needed mutual interference of all components for it to be viable. I doubted whether each component interferes with the others in your proposed wf because the |e> wave functions have no well defined deBroglie wave lengths (which I thought were necessary for a valid quantum superposition).*

de Broglie wave lengths are useful when thinking about a particle, but a complex system with many degrees of freedom has many different energy levels available to it and each one evolves with a different frequency.  So the concept de Broglie wavelength is not very useful.