?

> Which is why I suggested stop taking the idealization of the alive/dead
> cat which is just confusing you because you keep slipping in and out  of
> the idealization and saying, "But the cat can't be both alive and dead.
> Something wrong with QM."

*I don't think I'm doing that, namely slipping in and out of the
idealization. If the wf of the cat is the sum of two states, assuming
entanglement with the radioactive source, isn't the usual interpretation of
the superposition that the cat is in both component states simultaneously
(whether or not there is interference)? As Bruce wrote, we're just dealing
with a linear vector space, and in the cat problem I am just writing the wf
as Schroedinger did, and asserting that any vector, in this case a
particular wf which is the sum of two components (that is, the total
system, the composite of cat and radioactive source) can be interpreted as
being in both states simultaneously (hence, in this case, alive and dead
simultaneously). It's really the same situation as saying A = B + C, where
A,B,C are vectors in a linear vector space, and therefore A manifests or
expresses both B and C simultaneously. AG*

> The cat's fate splits off when the atom decay is detected in the counter.
> It's alive at that time.  Later it dies. It's never alive+dead.

*See above comment. AG *