On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 10:16 PM <agrayson2...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>What you described is a infinite number  of FIXED length discrete steps,
>> and if that is what motion is motion would indeed be impossible, but its
>> not the infinity that makes it impossible its the fixed length.
>>

> *>Of course it's the infinity under THIS scenario. The point is this is
> one way to do the task, but fails precisely because of the infinity. AG *

That is incorrect. A infinite number of tasks CAN be completed in a finite
time if the duration of the first task is half a second and the second is a
quarter of a second and the third a eighth of a second etc.  In this case
even though there are a infinite number of tasks they are all completed in
exactly one second.

But obviously if there are a infinite number of tasks with a *fixed length*
they can't all be completed in a finite time. That was your original
scenario so obviously that's not the way motion works.

John K Clark