On Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 5:47:09 PM UTC, John Clark wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 8:18 AM <agrays...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> *> motion can't be done in finite steps*
>

> It can if Spacetime is granular,

*It is unethical to truncate my comment in an attempt to win an argument.
Of course motion can occur if spacetime is granular. That was the point of
my argument. The assumption of infinite divisibility is the fallacy, which
Zeno alerted us to. AG*

> and even if it's not and Spacetime is continuous motion is still possible
> and Calculus tells us how.

*How does an object in motion know about Calculus? As Phil points out, it
doesn't. AG*

But Zeno can not tell us which of these explanations is correct and so
> joins the ranks of all the other ancient Greeks who are of absolutely no
> help in solving modern cutting edge scientific, mathematical or
> philosophical problems.

*You sound like a young fool who has no respect for his elders. Zeno
pointed out something significant IMO. The fact that you fail to recognize
it is your problem, not his. AG *