On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 3:11 PM Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How does *the arrow shot at a target *(in Zeno's Paradox) *compute* the
> truth of the forall-exists quantifier construct in the Caucy definition?

I know how calculus computes it, I don't know for a fact the arrow computes
it the same way but whatever the method the arrow uses it comes up with the
same answer that calculus does, and calculus proves there is no logical
contradiction and hence no paradox in what the arrow is doing.

> *When one simulates the arrow shot at a target on a computer using a
> numerical calculus software package, there are only floating-point numbers,*

If you don't like approximations and floating-point numbers and want an
exact answer then run Mathematica on your computer and solve it
symbolically, it can solve calculus problems much better than you can.

John K Clark