On 11/1/2018 11:59 AM, Philip Thrift wrote:

On Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 1:44:19 PM UTC-5, John Clark wrote:

    On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 2:27 PM Philip Thrift <cloud...@gmail.com
    <javascript:>> wrote:

        /> infinite time Turing machines are more powerful than
        ordinary Turing machines/

    That is true, it is also true that if dragons existed they would
    be dangerous and if I had some cream I could have strawberries and
    cream, if I had some strawberries.

        /> How  "real" you think this is depends on whether you are a
        *Platonist *or a*fictionalist*./

    No, it depends on if you think logical contradictions can exist,
    if they can then there is no point in reading any mathematical
    proof and logic is no longer a useful tool for anything.

    John K Clark

Of course logics are fiction too. (They're just languages after all.)

OK.  Sentences written down are physical and not fictions.  But can they be contradictory?  How does "This page is red." contradict "This page is blue." unless they have some meaning as propositions. But this must be a relation between a proposition (an abstract thing) and a fact (the color of this page).