I think I am used to talk at a certain level and therefore I skip certain
details. "Brain" is just an idea in consciousness that stands for a system
of interactions between consciousnesses. If you damage "the brain", you
damage that system of interacting consciousnesses, so you would disrupt
certain consciousnesses that represents memories.