On Monday, April 22, 2019 at 4:44:06 PM UTC-5, Cosmin Visan wrote:

> I think I am used to talk at a certain level and therefore I skip certain
> details. "Brain" is just an idea in consciousness that stands for a system
> of interactions between consciousnesses. If you damage "the brain", you
> damage that system of interacting consciousnesses, so you would disrupt
> certain consciousnesses that represents memories.

But damaged brains are being repaired today by implanting new (perhaps
synthetic, polymer-based) neurons, and full consciousness is restored.

All the entities above may be "ideas", but whether they are "ideas" or
matter, doesn't that suggest that brains can be copied so that the copy is
itself conscious?

- pr