On Wednesday, 24 April 2019 16:46:33 UTC+3, John Clark wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 9:08 AM 'Cosmin Visan'  <
> everyth...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> > *This is not the reason why AI is not conscious.*
>>

> The "I" in AI stands for intelligence not consciousness, do you believe a
> AI can be intelligent?  And by "intelligent" I mean whatever you meant
> when, as I'm sure you've said at some point in your life about another
> human, "that guy is really smart".

Intelligence is the property of consciousness of bringing new qualia into
existence that never existed before in the entire history of existence.
Don't you think this is quite unlike the fantasy of AI ?

>> *> The reason is that AI doesn't even exist, is just an idea in
>> consciousness. Consciousness which of course is not made out of atoms.*
>>

> Consciousness is made of processes, that's why John K Clark is not a noun
> but an adjective, I am the way matter behaves when it is organized in a
> johnkclarkian way.  A process needs something to process and that something
> is atoms. That's why if I change the arrangement of  atoms in my brain my
> consciousness changes and if my consciousness changes the arrangement of
> atoms in my brain changes.

"Matter" doesn't exist. "Matter" is an idea in consciousness.

>> > *We are not made out of atoms. *
>>

> What's with this "we" business? I know for a fact I'm conscious but your
> consciousness is an unproven hypothesis no different from assuming an AI is
> conscious.

Is not at all the same thing. Other consciousnesses are postulated based on
our own consciousness, while AI is postulated based on poor understanding
of reality. Postulating AI is like a child postulating Santa Claus because
he has not serious understanding of the matters involved in the concept of
"Santa Claus".