On 4/27/2019 12:35 AM, 'Cosmin Visan' via Everything List wrote:

On Friday, 26 April 2019 21:48:33 UTC+3, Brent wrote:

    I want to because I am a consciousness with free will.

    But why do you want this rather than that??? Do the "wants" of
    your free will just spring up at random??? Are they unrelated to
    your situation, perception, the evolutionary history of your
    species.?? What does it mean that your will is "free"??? Free of what?

In order to maximize pleasure. I don't say that it is absolutely free. But there are cases in which I can indeed make choices and in those cases I am free.

    I don't know how qualia appear. Sometimes they appear at our own
    will, other times they appear by themselves. How they do that I
    don't know.

    But I do.?? I know how certain photons interact with retina and
    generate neural signals that interact with memories that encode
    the symbol "red".???? To bad you missed the 20th century.

Then enlighten us. Tell us: How do red appears ?

When I shine some 700nm electromagnetic waves?? into your eye, red appears to you.