On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 7:13:02 PM UTC-5, Brent wrote:

> On 9/14/2019 1:27 PM, John Clark wrote:
>
> On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 7:28 AM Lawrence Crowell <goldenfield...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> > t*hat classical probability for a winning ticket is determined by some
>> quantum superposition of states that give a probability for a ticket to be
>> printed with some set of numbers, or for some probability of tickets being
>> distributed in some way.*
>>

> The Schrodinger wave equation says the ticket is printed in every possible
> way and the winning number is picked in every possible way,
>

> It predicts that at some point well before the number is picked, at time
> at which quantum level effects can be amplified to different ball
> selections.  That would not be the case nano-seconds before the pick, or
> milliseconds before, and maybe not hours before.

That is the point, and quantum interpretations have these dubious issues.
Copenhagen has problems with defining what is meant by the partition of
quantum and classical domains. Maybe this is a manifestation of the
subjectivity inherent in entropy, where classicality is a change in
information available to a local observer. With MWI there is the more
complete nonlocality, which means there is an uncertainty in the meaning of
a locality to a splitting of worlds. QuBism simply says a decoherent event
or measurement is a Bayesian update, where this is a change in local
information content, but it forces this as a determinant by a local
processor or mind. That leads to a sort of solipsism; quantum outcomes have
no objective basis.

It may well be that these problems in total are telling us something. I am
not at all concerned with whether any quantum interpretation is "true" and
others "false," so much as I find it curious we have an apparent need for
these and whether these are connected to the Born rule, or the decidability
of the Born rule. Quantum interpretations also seems to play with some sort
of dualism between locality and quantum nonlocality.

LC