> On 24 Sep 2019, at 03:24, Alan Grayson <agrayson2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Monday, September 23, 2019 at 3:44:49 PM UTC-6, Brent wrote:
>

> On 9/23/2019 11:59 AM, Philip Thrift wrote:
>> But other quantum experts use decoherence to explain quantum phenomena
>> without invoking multiple universes.
>
> "Without invoking" doesn't mean "denying".
>
> It does if you believe in applying Occam's Razor. AG

… if you believe in the “ontological Occam’s Razor” i.e. simplest reality (OK,
but then reality is just arithmetic)

Then if you believe in the conceptual Occam razor (i.e. simplest theory, less
axioms), then that favours both arithmetic and, in physics, no-collapse.

There is a Galois connection between theories and models (like in algebra).

The more axioms you have, the less models satisfied the theory, the less axioms
you have, the more models satisfy the theory. Axioms are just logical equation,
and you can see a model like if it was a sort of variety obeying equations,
there too, the more equation you have, the less variety obeys to them taken
together, and vice versa.

The original Occam’s razor is about the axioms, not the models. If I remember
correctly.

Note that once a theory is Turing universal, it has an infinity of non
isomorphic models, but their relative measure can be different.

Bruno