On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 6:46 AM Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>And Multiple Histories uses path integral formulation and path integral
>> formulation uses renormalization theory which is entirely in sympathy with
>> the Shut Up And Calculate Interpretation; it's a wonderful way of getting
>> the right answer, Feynman won a Nobel Prize for inventing it, but he was
>> never entirely comfortable with it because it gave no coherent mental
>> picture. He didn't even try to hide the imperfections in his idea.
>>

> *> And you have a wonderful many-worlds theory that avoids all infinities?
> And doesn't need renormalization?*

The MWI needs renormalization just like its competitors, but nobody
said many-worlds
theory is the be all and end all and needs no improvement, but at least it
provides a quantum-mechanical model however imperfect it may be. I think
it's a important step toward a theory that is significantly less wrong. I
am, of course, not sure of that.

John K Clark

John K Clark